Law of Attraction in Action -- SharePrayer Archive

Started off with idea of writing in this daily, but it has become the archive for my daily postings to SharePrayer.com so they are available for those that have requested the ability to access previously published affirmative prayer treatments. Visit SharePrayer.com to sign up for daily poetic mini meditations.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Law of Attraction -- Follow the Light

I follow the Light and know I am safe ...

To remember what this day, this time of year, is really about for us as human beings.

I sit in the morning light with music playing in the background. The sun shines through a veil of clouds on green grass with glistening drops of dew. The ducks graze and chatter as the deciduous trees stand as silent sentinels. In this peaceful setting I breathe deeply and relax ... I reflect on the changing of the seasons and its meaning to life on earth.

In my relaxing into this moment I feel my connection to all around me. I know there is no separation in truth. All is interconnected in an invisible weave. On the cosmic scale the earth, the moon, the sun, our galaxy move in a dance that is delicate and balanced, each taking its place in relation to the other, effecting and being effected. I know this is true of the domestic scene described above, and I know this is true of the microcosm with all the molecules, atoms, protons and electrons, keeping a delicate balance in each of their spheres. And then there are the seasons ...

The seasons are measured by the sun's relationship to earth and its ability to effect life here. From the beginning of time and the inception of biological life on Earth this rhythm has been a vital factor. Like the rotation of the Earth with its periods of light and dark on a daily basis, there is the changing length of the day as the latitudes move away from the equator. Four times a year we celebrate the high, low and middle points of the Sun's journey as the changing of the seasons. Animal and plant life recognize these changes intuitively and react in a variety of ways: migration, hibernation, dormancy, going to seed, giving birth, ripening ... Humans bring this intuition to consciousness and mark the calendar with auspicious days.

Winter marks the return of the light to the northern hemisphere, the lengthening of the days, a promise that the storms, cold and darkness of winter will give way once again to the rising light. And in learning to mark these physical facts, we humans have learned to mark spiritual truths. This season celebrates the constancy of the light through dark times for Jewish people; it celebrates the rising star of the East that illuminates the Christ consciousness in each of us for the Christians; it celebrates the connection of African Americans to their ancestors in Africa who gather together to celebrate the first fruits of their harvest; it celebrates a time to exchange gifts in remembrance of the important role we play in each other's life; it celebrates the heartfelt gift that comes to us naturally from "outside" us in the form of Father Winter reminding us of our individual value to the whole.

So, I relax and affirm the gifts of this season, regardless of my personal circumstances at this time. I remember the wholeness, the perfection, the completeness that lies in my heart as it does in the center of all that exists. In truth we are one, and permanent harm befalls no one. The illusion of loss, hurt, pain, aloneness vanishes in the moment we remember the light that burns bright within and without us; as we remember the light that always returns to help us grow into our fruition; as we remember the light that inexorably draws us toward it even through the darkest times. I breathe it in and I breathe it out; the rhythm of life continues; time marches on and I march with it accepting my importance in the oneness of life, the oneness of existence.

I am very grateful for this quiet reflective time today. I am grateful for the opportunity to return here each day throughout the year to enjoy the beautiful truth of my being in the peace and quiet of my own heart. Thank you Light for your strength and power to pull me to you, to guide me through the dark places. I follow you freely and easily and know I am safe.

I release these words into the divine holy scientific law of creation, knowing they are true even as they are formed. And so I let it be, and so it is, now and forevermore.

Blessed are We

(Use the affirmations above to remind yourself of your truth throughout the day. And, remember, you are free to use your own words in the prayer to claim that which YOU most desire. This is written to read silently or aloud as your own, slowly, peacefully, passionately; feel it with your body, your mind and your inborn Spirit; share it with a friend. The more you feel, in yourself, the truth you put in the prayer, the more you experience that truth in life.)

(First published on SharePrayer 12-25-00)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home